CNG (Compressed Natural Gas)
As CNG is available in India, so its usage is better for our National Economy. Some fleet owners have reported reduction in operating costs of up to 60% as compared to Petrol Engines and 40% as compared to Diesel Engines. It makes the car Bi-Fuel, so it can be driven on Petrol/Diesel as well as CNG. CNG offers better ignition reduced emissions and thus becomes environment friendly.
The Advantages Of Compressed Natural Gas
1) The Environmentally Clean Advantage
- Compressed natural gas is the cleanest burning fuel operating today. This means less vehicle maintenance and longer engine life.
- CNG vehicles produce the fewest emissions of any motor fuel. Dedicated Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV) have little or no emissions during fuelling. In gasoline vehicles, fuelling emissions account for at least 50% of a vehicle’s total hydrocarbon emissions.
- CNG produces significantly less pollutants than gasoline.
2) The Maintenance Advantage
- Some fleet operators have reduced maintenance costs by as much as 40% by converting their vehicles to CNG.
- Intervals between tune-ups for natural gas vehicles are extended from 30,000 to 50,000 miles.
- Intervals between oil changes for natural gas vehicles are dramatically extended– anywhere from 10,000 to 25,000 additional miles depending on how the vehicle is used.
- Natural gas does not react to metals the way gasoline does, so pipes and mufflers last much longer.
3) The Performance Advantage
- Natural gas gives the same mileage as gasoline in a converted vehicle.
- Dedicated CNG engines are superior in performance to gasoline engines.
- CNG has an octane rating of 130 and has a slight efficiency advantage over gasoline.
- Because CNG is already in a gaseous state, NGVs have superior starting and drivability, even under severe hot and cold weather conditions.
- NGVs experience less knocking and no vapour locking.
4) The CNG Cost Advantage
- Natural gas is cheaper per equivalent gallon than gasoline (an average of 15% to 50% less than gasoline).
5) The Safety Advantage
- Surveys indicate that NGVs are as safe as or safer than those powered by other fuels.
- Valid PAN Card
- Valid AADHAR Card
- Valid Bank passbook
- Bank statements last six months
- minimum qualification of Graduation( Any type)
Documents needed for Agency / Franchise
- Land availability is a primary requirement
- Minimum plot area of 2200 sq.ft.
- land agreement to be done in company name
- land must be owned / leased by the name of the dealers
- All the documents must be notary attested
- Resource and manpower capability must be presented
Capacity & Tariff
|Natural Gas Pipeline Capacity and Zonal Tariffs (as on November 2018)|
|S.NO||Name of NG Pipeline||Sub Network||Capacity In (MMSCMD)||Tariff In Rs/MMBTU #|
|Total Capacity*||Total Common|
|Zone 1||Zone 2||Zone 3||Zone 4|
|10||Cauvery Basin||Narimanam – Kuthalam||2||0.5||0.500||17.41||NA||NA||NA|
|12||Gujarat Regional P/L Network||South Gujarat Main||3.25||0.81||0.760||27.59||NA||NA||NA|
|i||Chainsa-Jhajjar-Hissar p/l has been laid for 5 MMSCMD vis-à-vis 35 MMSCMD of the authorised capacity.|
|ii||Kochi-Koottanad-Bengaluru-Mangaluru p/l has been laid for 6 MMSCMD vis-à-vis 16 MMSCMD of the authorized capacity.|
|iii||Tariff-Zone means the zone of a length of three hundred Kms .each along the route of the natural gas pipeline from the point of origin till the end point and a width of 50 Kms or 10% of total trunkline length, whichever is less, from the nearest point on the pipeline on both sides. For more details, kindly refer PNGRB regulation on “Determination of NG Pipeline Tariff”.|
|iv||* As per PNGRB acceptance and it shall be subject to declaration by PNGRB, from time to time, under the PNGRB (Determining capacity of Petroleum, petroleum products and Natural Gas Pipelines) Regulations 2010.|
|v||# As per PNGRB’s Tariff Orders and it shall be subject to determination/ fixation by PNGRB, from time to time, under the PNGRB (Determination of Natural Gas Pipeline Tariff) Regulations, 2008|
Application Filing charges
- For regular Categories in GENERAL the application fee is ₹/- , for OBC the application fee is ₹/- and for ST/SCcategory the fee is ₹/- only.
- Copy of Passbook, account statement, deposit receipts
- Redemption value – Valuation certificates along with a copy of NSC
Valuation certificates along with a copy of the Demat statement
- Valuation certificates along with a copy of mutual fund certificates or Demat statements